The ILO “Meeting Point” on South-South and triangular cooperation was modernized and now presents a series of new features. Its interface was enhanced to become more user-friendly, intuitive and dynamic, as well as to automatically adapt to smartphones and tablets. In addition, the new library provides an easier and simpler access to a considerable amount of materials.
The South-South Meeting Point is a multilingual, interactive virtual space where people from different countries can meet, engage, exchange and cooperate within the approach of South-South and triangular cooperation (SSTC) towards the advancement of the ILO agenda and the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals. Its main goal is to increase the levels of connectivity and interactivity among actors interested in implicating themselves in this kind of international collaboration and network building.
In 2018, the ILO Governing Body paper on South-South and triangular cooperation and decent work (GB.332/POL/4) mentions the South-South Meeting Point as an implementation component of ILO SSTC strategy 2012-17 and defines it as a knowledge management tool which provides access to a wealth of knowledge and resources related to SSTC and decent work. It will also be a significant tool for the promotion of the Decent Work Agenda in UN system-wide consultations related to the forthcoming Second High-level United Nations Conference on South-South Cooperation (BAPA+40) to be held in Argentina in 2019.
At the moment, the South-South Meeting Point is available in four languages (English, French, Spanish and Portuguese) and contains:
- More than 240 news-related articles about the ILO activities on South-South and triangular cooperation (SSTC);
- 966 documents (publications, articles, presentations, cases, best practices, etc.);
- Materials of 27 events related to SSTC (which ILO has organized or participated in);
- 131 videos (event panels, presentations, speeches, interviews, cases, etc.);
- 1 virtual academy on South-South and Triangular Cooperation;
- 13 thematic subspaces related to SSTC in different ILO areas/topics;
- 25 interactive spaces (forums and conversation groups);
- More than 1,520 members in social media groups and channels.
The ILO has built a long tradition and developed a thorough expertise on South-South and triangular cooperation and believes that tools such as the Meeting Point can help to strengthen continental and inter-continental networks for development cooperation and for the advancement of the Agenda 2030.
Click here to access the new South-South Meeting Point: www.southsouthpoint.net
For more information about ILO’s activities in South-South and triangular cooperation, please visit its space in the UNOSSC portal: https://www.unsouthsouth.org/un-system-portal/