This category is open to Micro enterprises and aspiring entrepreneurs who have not yet started their businesses, but are planning to start in the near future. This also includes entrepreneurs who may have done the preliminary work before starting their enterprise, but have not started actively serving customers. Micro enterprises can be formal or informal and they employee not more than 5 people and have a total assets not exceeding UGX. 10million. A Basic member may upgrade to being a Silver member upon payment of the annual membership subscription fee of Ugx.270,000.
Specific benefits for Silver category are:
For this category, a member enjoys all the services of basic membership above plus the following;
- Information on affordable business finance
- Participation in Exhibitions, trade fairs, conferences and business fora
- Free Consultation in business planning and forecasting
- Participation in trainings, workshops and seminars
- Advice and assistance in sourcing for funding.
- Market research insights
- Assistance in writing business plans, proposals and feasibility studies
- Free attendance at designated networking events, programs and other events that are indicated as open to silver members.
- Attend and vote at Annual General meetings of the association
- An opportunity to serve on the EAEA committee of specialists
- Automatic entry into the EAEA Entrepreneurs competition.
- Discounted rates for publishing adverts in The EAEA Magazines, Newsletters
- Reduced cost of advertising on EAEA website
- Business Arbitration and counselling
- Mentorship programs
- Taxation and financial advisory services
- Assistance in accountancy and book keeping
- Other benefits that the Association may, from time to time, become able to avail
How to become a Silver Member
-Pay a one-time Registration fee of Ugx: 35,000
-Pay Annual Membership Subscription fee of Ugx: 270,000